Sunday 18 October 2015

Display FAIL - the downside of dumpster diving - VB#7

So I tested my displays the other day and one I could get my head round and the other was poorly.
I'm not counting this as a total failure though, I learnt how to drive a multiplex display, and I'm not totally giving up on the LCD, I will come back to it, probably when  have a project for it.

Thanks to those who gave me some help on this! Much appreciated!

I found the datasheet for a similar LCD on Jaycar, and found the pinout for the multiplexed display from an excerpt from a book on google books:

This also helped me understand how a multiplexed display should be driven using a BCD to 7-seg display driver.

In the WEEE-k #2 is in the pipline, so stay tuned for that!

Ta Muchly!

1 comment:

  1. driving multiplexed LCD is totally differece that LED multiplexing
    www.atmel.com/Images/doc2530.pdf
    this pdf will help you a lot. have fun :)

    ReplyDelete