Monday 17 August 2015

Busted HM203-6 - VB#2

So this would probably be my second video blog, hooray!
So I hooked up my scope a few days ago and it worked, nice trace appeared. Next day I plugged in some probes I got donated to me, and nothing, sweet FA!

I my haste, I admit, I didn't note down the scope model number. I thought it was a HM203-7 from pictures I searched for, but then realised it was a HM203-6 - DOH!

I noticed after some of the connector numbers did not match those on the schematics!

With the correct schematics in hand, I set about looking at a few high voltage lines - why the high voltage lines? Well I was getting no display yet I was getting the trigger LED to light when I put in the test signal on channel 1, which lead me to suspect the tube was not displaying the signal yet the triggering system was seeing the signal.

I LIKE TO MAKE CLEAR, THERE ARES SOME PRETTY NASTY VOLTAGES THAT WILL BELT YOU IF YOU ARE NOT CAREFUL OR ARE INEXPERIENCED - TAKE CARE OR DO NOT UNDERTAKE IF YOU DON'T FEEL CONFIDENT!

Here are links to relevant things:
Hameg HM203-7 service manual
Hameg HM203-6 service manual
EEVblog forum post

No comments:

Post a Comment